Call us on 0292 010 3173 or email us at email@example.com
Data Protection Notice
Talk In the Bay values its clients and recognise that the safety and lawful use of everyone’s personal data is key to retaining that trust and confidence. Talk In the Bay will only ever share your personal data with our trusted team of therapists, administrators and marketing team where permission is given to do so.
Talk In the Bay is a Limited Company registered with Companies House. You can find
further information regarding Talk In the Bay at www.companieshouse.gov.uk
Registration No is 10096112
We will create some information with your personal data internally for example:
- When we assign you to one of our associates who in turn apply with GDPR
- When you request a newsletter
- When you are happy to be part of future research
- We will always ensure personal data has been collected lawfully and fairly in accordance with your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK’s Data Protection Bill 2017.
Where appropriate we will ask for your consent for the specific use of your personal data.
The information we hold about you may include:
- Your name, address, contact details and your next of kin.
- Your history, assessment and current mental/emotional health status.
- Details about any correspondence we have had with you.
- Details of the service and the therapeutic treatment you have had in session.
When you provide personal data to us about someone else on their behalf:
When giving us information about a family member or another person you will need to confirm they have appointed you to act on their behalf and to inform them about the way in which we will process their personal data.
Personal data we receive about you from external sources:
We may receive information about you from other people in order to deliver our services to you. This could include but is not limited to:
- Information from an employer or Health Insurer
- Information from search engine providers or analytics providers
- When you are named in our client form as a dependant requiring our services
- When we obtain medical reports
- When we liaise with your family, employer, health professional or other
In all these instances we will always endeavour to inform you that we will be doing this and seek your permission.
Securing your personal data
Talk In the Bay hold ICO certification confirming we implement standard security measures to ensure the secure management of your personal data. This includes appropriate physical, organisational and technical measures to safeguard your information. We regularly review these measures to ensure the safety of your data. Talk in the Bay adopts industry standard security protocol to ensure sensitive information is under encrypted protection.
How we use your personal data:
- Personal data you give us – You may give us information about you when you request an appointment or enquire about our services
- If you request information about any of our services
- If you book an appointment or if you enter into a therapeutic contract with us
- If you submit a query via social media
- Brief summary notes recorded by your therapist uploaded to Google Sheets (GDPR compliment Database) which are entered with a code and password-protected
- Feedback you give to us regarding our services
- Recordings of sessions for educational or research purposes. Your specific consent will be obtained in these instances
How we use other sensitive data:
Talk in the Bay limited has a contract with all counsellors/psychotherapists who are sub-contracted to provide therapy on behalf of TITB that they will at all times abide by the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Bill. In the event of you ever making a claim, our insurance company may require information from your GP or other health professionals. This will be relevant to your claim. You have the right to see this information.
Should you wish to find out exactly what information we hold about you and for what reason or if you wish to remove any of your information please contact us.