This one-day training event will focus on working with clients who present with addictive or compulsive behaviours. In particular, the training event will focus on substance misuse and explore;
– different methodologies behind substance-misuse and how these can affect practice and the therapeutic relationship.
– differentiation between substances and how these can affect practice and the therapeutic relationship.
– overcoming professionalism and ‘fixing what is wrong’
– exercises and techniques for accessing the person behind the substance misuse.
– measuring behavioural change and the concept of ‘success’ with substance misuse.
This training event will include a mixture of information-delivery and practical exercises, and aims to include two key aspects of the presenter’s approach to counselling and behavioural change; shared optimism and joint discovery.
Stephen G. Thomas is a leading therapeutic professional and corporate trainer with over a decade of experience both within the United Kingdom and beyond. More information on Stephen and his areas of specialism and expertise can be found on his corporate website at www.stephengthomas.com.
Would you like to join us on this training workshop?